Are you confused about home insurance, or are you buying your first policy? Please use this simple guide by Tarheel Insurance Group to understand how your policy protects your Wilmington, NC, home from serious issues.
Understand How Home Insurance Protects You
Your home insurance policy will cover most natural disasters, accidents within the home, and theft from other individuals. However, it will NOT pay for any damage you’ve done to a home, such as damage to the walls caused by poor attempts at home repair. Typically, these policies will cover other elements associated with those three factors mentioned above, including:
- Repairing and replacing home elements damaged by severe hail storms
- Fixing or replacing a home damaged or destroyed by a fire
- Lawsuit coverage if someone gets injured in your home due to your negligence
- Healthcare coverage for those injured people – but not for you if you get hurt in your home
- Replacement of stolen items taken from your home after your policy was made
- Resettlement costs or temporary housing needs while your home gets repaired
Many policies may also cover sudden floods that are not your fault. However, leaks or other wear-and-tear problems that were due to your negligence are NOT covered. Your policy also generally pays for dog bites or pet damage, as long as you have included it within your coverage. Thankfully, you can adjust your policy as needed and extra coverage options to suit your needs.
Ready for a Great Policy?
Do you want a home insurance policy that makes sense for your needs? Then, please contact us at Tarheel Insurance Group right away to learn more. We serve the Wilmington, NC, area and will give you the help that you need. Our team is always waiting to help our many customers find a new policy.