Whether your bike is your daily mode of transport or it’s a weekend ride, purchasing motorcycle insurance is a smart choice to protect your invaluable asset. Additionally, because most states require you to show proof of insurance before registering your motorcycle, sorting your insurance ensures you are on the right side of the law. The consequences of riding an uninsured motorcycle are hefty. You can get fined, or worse, your license could be suspended.
On the other hand, a motorcycle accident can easily slide you into financial ruin. Medical costs, legal costs, and property damage liabilities can quickly slump you into financial turmoil. Fortunately, for North Carolina riders, you can take control of your bike’s insurance by partnering with Tarheel Insurance Group located in Wilmington, NC. Here, we will introduce you to the following motorcycle insurance types and help you choose those that meet your needs.
Types of motorcycle insurance
For your information, motorcycle insurance can cover different bikes, such as scooters, classic motorcycles, motocross bikes, dirt bikes, mopeds, and trike bikes. Some motorcycle insurance options include:
- Bodily injury liability coverage: Covers injuries caused to another driver in an accident, which you are at fault. It’s mandatory in North Carolina and covers medical wages and legal costs if you get sued. While it’s important to comply with the state’s minimum, double-check with your agent to ensure that you carry adequate coverage.
- Property damage coverage: It covers property damages caused by your motorcycle to third-parties.
- Collision coverage: Covers your motorcycle when it collides with another bike or any other object, like a tree.
- Comprehensive coverage: Covers your motorcycle from perils like theft, vandalism, hails, fire, and natural risks stated in your policy.
- MedPay: Covers medical expenses if you or your passengers sustain physical injuries in a motorcycle-related accident.
- Uninsured/ underinsured motorist coverage: Covers you in hit-and-run incidences or when you have a collision with a motorist with inadequate or no insurance coverage.
Ready to purchase motorcycle insurance? Contact Tarheel Insurance Group situated in Wilmington, NC for motorcycle insurance solutions. We will help you navigate the motorcycle insurance landscape, helping you get the right coverage suitable for you.